Computers and phones aren’t the only things that are portable today. The gift and estate tax exemption is also “portable” for married couples. Portability simplifies estate planning by allowing a surviving spouse to use the deceased spouse’s unused portion of the $5.45 million gift and estate tax exemption amount. This article explains how married couples can use portability to their estate planning advantage.
- Estate Planning in Kansas City – Prepaid Funeral Plans
- Estate Planning in Kansas City – Using No Contest Provisions in Your Plan
- Estate Plans in Kansas City – Valuing Your Estate
- Wills and Trusts in Leawood – Life insurance and Your Estate Plan
- Trusts in Overland Park – Using Roth IRA’s in Your Estate Plan